Sweet Corn - A type of corn with kernals containing a high percentage of sugar that is adapted for human consumption as a vegetable.
All Sweet Corn will be insured in the county for which a premium rate is provided by the actuarial documents:
a) In which you have a share;
b) That is:
1) Planted to be harvested and sold as fresh market sweet corn;
2) Planted within the planting periods designated in the actuarial documents;
3) Grown under an irrigated practice, unless otherwise provided in the Special Provisions;
4) Grown by a person who in at least one of the three previous crop years:
i) Grew Sweet Corn for commercial sale; or
ii) Participated in managing a Sweet Corn farming operation.
c) That is not:
1) Interplanted with another crop;
2) Planted into an established grass or legume; or
3) Grown for direct marketing, unless otherwise provided in the Special Provisions or by written agreement.
Information obtained directly from the Risk Management Agency informational materials.
Page 1 of 3
EventList powered by schlu.net
*Deadline dates for crop insurance often involve the submission of paperwork that must be prepared well in advance. Deadlines may not apply to all counties in a particular state for a certain crop. Please contact one of our agents for assistance as soon as possible to ensure a smooth application process.